top of page
Executive Director Job Description
A long-standing non-profit serving the OKC metro area is looking for an energetic, experienced Executive Director to lead us to the next level! Qualified candidates should have a minimum of five years of non-profit experience, preferably in the OKC metro area, with an understanding and passion for fundraising, donor development, and grant writing. We are looking for a strong leader who will foster a fun and positive work environment for a small paid staff, along with an experienced group of teachers and volunteers whose mission is to encourage and support adult literacy. If you are interested in leading a well-established team striving to improve the lives of everyone in the OKC community, please send your resume and salary requirements to OKCLCsearch@gmail.com
Summary of Position: The Executive Director will implement the Board of Directors’ policy decisions and be responsible for the carrying out of the day-to-day operations of the organization under the direction of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director oversees fundraising, public relations, and all programs.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Supervisory Duties: Supervises all office staff and teachers.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Minimum of five years’ experience with non-profit organizations.
- Strong leadership skills and attention to detail
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Work harmoniously with diverse staff and clients
- Grant writing experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including networking and relationship building
- Fundraising or sales experience
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of financials and budgeting
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects efficiently
Employment Type: Full time; exempt Compensation, Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in leading a well-established team striving to improve the lives of everyone in the OKC community, please send your resume and salary requirements to OKCLCsearch@gmail.com
bottom of page